A young man named Artrell Dickerson was killed by a Detroit police officer this Monday while he was attending a friends funeral. The Dickerson family released a statement describing the incident, “Monday afternoon a crowd of people were gathered outside of Cantrell’s funeral home after the emotional and somewhat disruptive funeral of a young man [...]
Beth Fisher DETROIT (WWJ) – A man was shot and killed Friday night after an apparent dispute over the price of condoms at a Detroit gas station. WWJ’s Beth Fisher spoke to an employee at the BP gas station on Fenkell and Meyers, where the shooting took place on the city’s westside overnight. The employee said [...]
by Frank Edwards | Published June 22, 2010 Some photos, notes, and audio recording from Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality’s workshop on the first day of the Social Forum. More information about their work is available here and here. Audio recorded from the workshop is available here, or through the player below. You can find their vides [...]
Doug Guthrie and Mike Wilkinson / The Detroit News Detroit— The family of a 7-year-old girl killed by police last spring is outraged that only one person could be charged in the fatally flawed raid, saying the system failed Aiyana Stanley-Jones. The girl was killed by a bullet from a police weapon while sleeping on [...]
By AMBER HUNT Free Press Staff Writer Members of a Detroit group opposing police brutality raised questions about his morning’s shooting of five police officers in which one was killed, four injured. Tijuana Morris, 55, a retired Detroit officer and member of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality, urged people to wait for the facts [...]
By: Larry Gabriel [This article was featured in the MetroTimes, Detroit's free weekly alternative, on 3/26/08. Grace Lee Boggs and Ron Scott, both members of the Detroit City of Hope campaign, take an alternative position on the resolution of the Detroit's mayoral scandal.] May you live in interesting times. Things are so interesting in Detroit [...]
Racial and religious profiling is a problem that affects many communities across the country. While traditionally thought of as targeting the African American community, profiling affects a broad range of communities, including Native American, African American, Latino, Arab, Muslim and South Asian communities. Not only is racial and religious profiling humiliating and degrading for the [...]
- Coalition Assists in Milton Hall Case, Saginaw, MI September 25, 2012
- Artrell Dickerson, a victim of police brutality July 17, 2012
- Man Shot At Detroit Gas Station, Reportedly Over Price Of Condoms July 17, 2012
- Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality Workshop July 17, 2012
- Aiyana’s Family, Group Say More Than a Warrant Due for Fatal Cop Raid July 17, 2012
- Bomani: CHAIRPERSON - COUNCIL PRESIDENT THURSDAY, NOVEMBE...
- B. Washington-El: I couldn't agree more Terri! YOUR COMMENTS MIRRO...
- Mrs. Marrero: well orginaly from detroit mi but resident of hous...
- ojos Marrero: calling them with detroit police. brutality is nev...
- Glenda D. Johnson: I agree. Taser use and purchase should be handled ...